Friday, July 25, 2008

We LOVE Summer!


Its hard to believe that we are deep into summer now..almost ready to enter August! We have definitely been keeping with many fun summer activities.A few weeks ago we went with a few friends to a petting farm. While I thought this would be a great idea, I quickly realized that Mckenzie is all for looking at these furry friends but never really likes to touch them. She has always been like this with dogs-- but for some reason I thought this fear of animals would magically disappear when she was around goats, sheep, donkeys, horses, etc. Not much of a success for us- but it was fun to watch some of her friends get excited over the animals.

We also had a great 4th of July a few weeks ago! We went to a great fireworks show with a bunch of friends. Mckenzie enjoyed staying cool in the water fountains while we waited for the show to start and she definitely enjoyed the pre-show music! She LOVES to dance, especially if she has an audience. I will try to upload some of the videos we got. It was pretty funny. We also went to parade that was a little disappointing-despite my high hopes. It was advertised to be the biggest parade in Texas...and me being the parade lover that I am insisted on making the 25 minute drive to see it....but I'll admit it still didn't really compare to the good old Provo Parade.


































Some of our other favorite summer activities include going to the pool, baseball games, playing at the malls, and Kenzie's favorite pick....the library. She LOVES books and really would be happy going there everyday if she could. She could be there for hours wandering and looking/reading all the books.





And our most recent summer adventure has been moving to a new apartment. New management took over our last place which brought a number of changes, including a significant increase in rent....so about a week ago we packed our bags and moved to another apartment about 3 minutes away from our last one. It was nice to be able to sift through some stuff, but its always a lot of work! But I always like change and I admit to liking the feel of carpet beneath my feet rather than hardwood floors. (although the wood definitely made for easy cleanup)








7 comments:

Toni Dee! said...

So sad you're not in our ward anymore - but hopefully we'll still see you around at school and such. Good to see you're playing hard this summer. Kenzie is so darling!!!

Tiffany Webber said...

I can't believe it's almost August too! And that Kaden is almost 6 months old! Time flies! McKenzie is so cute! I love that pic of her on the couch!! I remember when we moved from the Villas of Highpointe and I loved the feeling of carpet beneath my feet too! It just makes it feel more home-y don't you think?

Josh said...

I dig mckenzie's sun glasses.

Eric and Amber said...

McKenzie is too cute. It sounds like you guys have a lot of fun together.

Anonymous said...

I love changing and moving occasionally too. It helps me get rid of a lot of junk. Hope you have a great rest of the summer.

Jeff and Chelsi Pulley Family said...

McKenzie is so big! I wouldn't even recognize her if she wasn't with you guys. It's amazing how these kids grow so fast and change so much. That's funny about her fear of animals. Oh well, that just means she won't be begging for a pet that you'll have to clean up after. I'd be ok with that! Hey Megs, what is your cell number? I tried the old one the other day and a guy answered who may not have spoken English. Let me know! Love ya!

The Loveridge Family said...

Mckenzie is so dang cute! I love the sunglasses! It sounds like you guys have had a blast this summer. Congrats on the new place...I totally agree with you on the whole carpet thing!