Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Russ Turns 29!!

29...Can you believe that? One more year till 30!! That sounds old. I remember when you turned 16! haha (I think I just managed to make myself sound even older)
We didn't get much time to celebrate last Thursday because Integrative Sports and Wellness was having an Open House.

But we did give him a couple presents open when we got back that night.

Kenzie picked out this hat for Russ and was sooo excited to give it to him.

He didn't blow any candles out till Friday night though. He asked for a banana cream pie for his birthday this year...so I rose to the occasion and made my very first pie...ever. Russ always makes the pies in this house. Mostly because he knew how, and I didn't. So I always pushed that one over to him. But now I'm happy to say that I at least know how to make a pie. I admit his are better than mine turned out, but practice makes perfect right? :) ANYWAY... Friday we left our girls sleeping with our nephew Ben and went out to dinner and a movie. Neither of us sadly can remember the last time we did that, so it was SO NICE. We ate dinner at the Steiner Ranch Steak House, and then we planned on seeing Inception, but were a little late getting there, so we saw Dinner with the Shmucks instead. (NOT a favorite)

Happy Birthday Russ, you're amazing!! Thanks for everything you do! We love you!!

5 comments:

Brian/Kasey said...

Happy B-day Russ! Megan, I am impressed with your blog catch up. Good job! As for the accusations - watch your wedding video.

DCJ said...

You're awesome. Great job to put your whole summer together so masterfully. It really does give us more to digest than phone calls because I can keep looking at the pictures over & over. It's hard to believe you've had #10 class reunion and age #30 is on the horizon, Russ. Nice job on the banana pie, Megan. I remember the 16th party celebration very well, too. No question..time flies!! ENJOY the journey. Love ya'll

Cali Schaack's said...

ha ha I was laughing at how you remember when Russ turned 16 that's so cute !!! All your high school besties look like so FUN !!!

Tara said...

Happy Birthday Russ!
Enjoy the last year of your 20's! Next year we really will be old.

Good job on the pie Meg!

The Larson's said...

It sounds like a great b-day and I can't believe your flooding incident!!! That is unbelievable! Hope everyting is going well. Congrats to Russ and the new clinic!