Thursday, September 3, 2009

ADVENTURES and BIRTHDAYS

While we've kind of been in transition mode still, we've been trying to take advantage of Russ being home and have been exploring our new turf. The great thing about where we live now is there are tons of trees, hills, and thus more recreational type activities. Its been fun going on lots of little "adventures" as Kenz calls them. :)


This is a little place that we've found that is pretty much awesome. Its this little natural pool/lake in a little cove that you have to hike into. Its great because it has a beachy area with some shade, or you can hop in and swim when it gets too hot. When there is not a major drought, I guess there's usually a big waterfall that falls in the back of the little cove, which would make it even more sweet, but we've had fun going here a time or two.


This is Kenzie with her cousin Ben. She LOVES Ben. And by this I mean in love with him. :) She's so cute; she's always talking about him. And he is SO NICE and good to play tag and hide and seek with her. Such a GREAT cousin to have. I really think he might be her first crush. (which is kinda cute now, but we'll have to discuss this a little if it lingers as she gets older.)

You can't see very well in this picture but this is downtown under a bridge where every night at dusk MILLIONS of bats come out from under the bridge. Its CRAZY. I HATE bats. REALLY I HATE bats. But this is so crazy to see.




AND not to be forgotten, we celebrated RUSS'S BIRTHDAY on the 19th! Happy Birthday Russ!
I am so LUCKY to have such a great husband! He is such a HARD WORKER. I am always in AWE of the direction and VISION he has on life. He KNOWS what he wants, and if he wants something--he goes out and FINDS A WAY to get it. I actually really love that about him. It takes me a lot longer to make a decision and carry it out. He knows me so well and USUALLY what I need without me telling him. He has always had this ability which is another thing that drew me to him in our youth. :) AND he is a WONDERFUL DAD. And I mean WONDERFUL. I honestly couldn't find a fault there if I tried all night. He makes me LAUGH(which I also love), INSPIRES me, and makes me a BETTER PERSON. And he brings out a competitive edge in me--which is good because it gives me drive--but makes it ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE to play games together without a fight. :) He makes me HAPPY and will do ANYTHING for me. Like I said I am SO LUCKY to have such an AMAZING husband.



We went to dinner at a place called the Hula Hut on Lake Austin for his birthday. Its such a fun place that overlooks the beautiful lake.

It was fun to have Bryan and Laurie over to help us celebrate! Its great to still have family nearby!!

No comments: