Sunday, March 29, 2009

TEE Time and TEA Time

This is basically the summary of the last month at our house. Mckenzie got a couple birthday gifts from grandparents a month ago....

The first- a little golf set with balls and clubs. (princess pink of course).
The second--a tea set (Disney princess yet again)

She really LOVES to play with both of them! Its cute how serious she takes the advice that Russ gives her. She often corrects me when I'm not holding the club right, or if I don't swing well. Eye-hand coordination has been a little slow coming for this little one--so its fun to watch her actually enjoy something that requires it .



And we've had SO many tea parties over the last few weeks. Most of them have taken place in her "backyard" since water usually gets dumped everywhere at some point. But she has really enjoyed this little game of poring the water into each cup, drinking it all, and starting all over again. And that's where I come in. She knows she can't drink as many cups of water as she likes to poor, so she needs me to help her gulp it down.

A few days ago she was invited to a little Tea Party with a couple of her little girlfriends and she was SO excited. We let them wear their little dress up clothes and shoes, and I have to be honest- they were pretty cute. They got to poor their own water and eat PBJ's and grapes and cookies. It really doesn't get any better does it? It was a lot of fun! Thanks for the good time girls!






10 comments:

Tara said...

little girls are so fun! Tea Parties are the best! (although I have to admit that Josh rather likes them too!)

Hiatts said...

My girls love a good tea party too! So fun!

The Loveridge Family said...

You have to love little girls! McKenzie is so cute. Tea Parties are great. Before you know it.....Russ will be taking her golfing.

Jeff and Chelsi Pulley Family said...

I'm so glad I have a girl now! I have to say, they are so stinkin cute in those dresses! Isn't it crazy that our babies are 3 already? It seems like just yesterday we were over at your apartment in AF with our little new borns side by side. Time flies! I hope that we can get those two together again to play someday. It would just be fun to see you all again. Miss ya! Say hi to Russ, the little princess, and the baby for us!

The Larson's said...

It was so fun to get the girls together! We need to do it again! I hope that you are feeling well!!

Erickson Fam said...

so cute!!

DCJ said...

Oh my goodness!!It has only been 6 weeks since we left Texas. We can't believe how quickly she is changing now...her hair is longer, she is actually holding her little golf club exactly right, and she just gets more precious with every picture. Megan, you are looking super great and for being at this point in your pregnancy, you always have a genuine smile. We are so proud of all of you. 18 months for us will bring even more changes that I don't want to think about missing, but we are totally loving our mission. So good luck with everything, we love you all, and pray for you. Elder & Sister Jepson (Dad and Mom)

Anonymous said...

I would have a tea party with Bayles if I could, but Scott would be less than pleased with me trying to feminize our son :) Anywho, totally fun for girls of course! And I am totally jealous of your trip to sea world. Fun!

The Dansies said...

What fun! I love that she is golfing in her high heals!

Anonymous said...

Megan your little girl is so cute!! It looks like she has the best of both worlds- golfing and tea parties! That bubble gum party you did for her looked really fun! What a cute mommy you are. Congrates on expecting again.