Thursday, March 26, 2009

So Happy Together!



Mckenzie has really "grown up" it seems these last couple months! Its been fun to watch her change and turn into this little girl.
One thing that has certainly changed is her attitude towards her Daddy. Don't get me wrong--we know the girl has always loved her dad-but she has just realized recently that its ok to show it. Rather than running FROM him when he got home and screaming "Mommy, Mommy!" , she now squeals with excitement and runs TO him and yells, "DADDY!" . (Something that I at one time never thought I would see.) It really is so fun to watch them together now! You can see the adoration in her eyes everytime she looks at him and I love the conversations we have during the day of "When's dad coming home?" and "Why does dad like to go to school every day?" Its so cute--I love how much she loves him.



I also love to see the things she notices and her interpretation of the things she notices from our everyday lives. For instance:

Daddy grew so big and tall because he eats the fastest.
Her favorite trees are the "popcorn trees" and the purple trees, but Daddy's favorite trees are the green ones, or "broccoli trees", as she calls them because daddy's favorite vegetable is broccoli. (he always makes a big deal of how much he loves broccoli when we have it so she'll eat it too.)
She's become quite fond of the ponytail, so her hair can be just like mom's. (This one was a little enlightening--I guess I need to actually DO my hair more.)
She is very proud of her "backyard", aka the 4 X 8 pad of cement with jail bars surrounding it. Nonetheless, she asks everyone that walks through our door if they want to see it. :) (so sad)



She is a cheeseball. But I love her.

7 comments:

roach.amber said...

she is such a big girl now! i love watching her grow up because i know jake is just a few months behind her and thats what i have to look forward to! shes so sweet!

Keri and Derek said...

Megan she is SO cute. Hope the pregnancy is going good. ( :

Bethany said...

So cute. So fun. And I have to say that I noticed her in that little dress the last time I went to church and I thought she was a DOLL!

Hiatts said...

i can't believe how big she is getting! She is growing up! When are you guys coming out to UTah again?

Josh and Ashley said...

She is SO cute! I think every little girl needs to spend some good quality time with their Daddy's! We can't wait for the sun to come back so we can get outside and play.

Barb's blessings said...

Loved this post Megan. I wish we could see her again. You need to bring her to Disneyland and stay with us. We have two guest bedrooms now.

They say if you want to learn how to flirt with your husband, just watch your daughter. There is such a special bond between a dad and a daughter. If men only realized what was in store they would never long for a son. Hurrah for girl power!

Paul or Lindsay said...

Really cute. Sabrina is the same way with Paul. It's fun to see them grow.