Friday, May 9, 2008

Potty Drama

Just a little something I thought I would share......
So we have been doing the potty thing for a few weeks now. Mckenzie is doing pretty well-but still has accidents from time to time. I don't think I am a star toilet trainer, nor her a star trainee, but I would say we have made progress. When we started this Kenzie LOVED to go #1 in the potty, but #2 was a whole other story. This was drama at its best! She screamed and cried, and was absolutely TERRIFIED of letting the little logs drop. :) She does much better now, but I captured this moment during one of these first moments because I could not help but laugh. She was unamused but I did not want to forget how fun these days were. :) So sad, yet so darn funny.

If you look closely, you can see the drool down her stomach. Its just an all around great picture.

12 comments:

Paul or Lindsay said...

You are so brave, and I need to call you to get some tips on this very subject. I don't dare start to try until I am done with work. Hopefully, I don't miss the golden age to get this done. Good luck!!! This summer will be full of the same trials in our lives!

Eric and Amber said...

That is a priceless picture. I just have to laugh because I have been working with Brynlee for a couple of months now and she was the same way at first, but now she just goes #2 by herself on the potty (most of the time). I am terrified to take her anywhere though. I guess that's just part of the whole thing.

Erickson Fam said...

I am so proud of you for updating your blog - ha!
Potty training is no fun, but well worth the hard work. Good luck to ya!!

The Greenwoods said...

that picture is to CUTE!!! You cant help but laugh. I was excited to see an update finally.

The Larson's said...

Yay, you are back! Bella has missed her friend! Can't wait to hear about the trip and I expect pictures to be posted soon!
I love that you took pictures of your daughters anguish and laugh about it...what kind of a cold hearted mother are you :)! Love it! I am dreading the moment that I have to potty train Bellazilla!

Unknown said...

I love potty stories...only because we recently went through the same thing! She is too funny!

Kirsti said...

love potty stories! I can't believe she is that big and old enough to use the potty. Good luck to the both of you!

Josh said...

That picture is hilarious! She looks very distressed about the whole situation.

Hiatts said...

Oh that picture is priceless. I hate potty training, but in the long run it is so worth the trouble and stress. What is so scary about it anyway? good luck!

Anonymous said...

Too bad they don't come out with the whole "I already know how to control my bladder" thing. That would be sweet. we'd never have to buy diapers or potty train. Good luck!

Rusty and Tara said...

Poor little thing! It's a scary time. Nat told Landon that if he went #2 that a monster would eat his butt. He was constipated for MONTHS. My poor mom!

The Greenwoods said...

so the new house is in lehi! I am a little nervous but cant wait to have the extra space!!