Monday, May 12, 2008

THE CRUISE



We spent Cinco de Mayo in Cozumel Mexico this year! Russ and I were able to land a great deal on a cruise and had a blast. We went with Russ's brother Bryan and his wife Laurie and left the kids in Austin with Grandma and Grandpa Jepson! (Thanks again!! It would not have been the same experience.) Although we missed Mckenzie--it was so nice to have some good R &R, some great food (always too much), and enjoy the sun! The cruise was 5 days and went to Cozumel and Progreso. It was sooo much fun!


Here a couple pictures of some of the highlights.

In Cozumel, we rented scooters to get around the island. Then we found a good little place to go snorkeling that wasn't too crowded. Laurie and I had a little pre-snorkeling anxiety (I don't know what it is about ocean water these days) , but were able to work through it and had so much fun. Here is a picture of Russ and Bryan all geared up in their snorkleing stuff.




Our last stop was in Progreso. There we took a tour to go out to a place call Chichinitza (spelling?) where there are a bunch of old Mayan ruins. This was a 2 hour bus ride (each way) with some somewhat comical tour guides, that went through some towns that reminded me of China actually (which means they were not that nice). It was cool, but it was soo hot and after a few days spent in the sun...we were a bit sunburned and I serisously felt like I was on fire. So I don't think I enjoyed these as much as I could have. But they were very interesting to see and I am glad we went.

AND here is the classic cruise picture. You gotta love it. :)

5 comments:

Tiffany Webber said...

How fun!! I'm jealous! I love cruises! There's nothing like eating yourself sick for 7 days in beautiful places! Looks like you guys had a great time! :]

Erickson Fam said...

WOW! I am WAY jealous too. Looks like you had a great time! Love the pics

Ryan and Adrienne said...

So fun!!! I don't know what I would do if Ryan and I were to go on a vacation by ourselves. I am super jealous.

Kirsti said...

I love the trumpet mans belt buckle!! Looks like you two had a great time.

Hiatts said...

wow looks like so much fun!! I would kill for a tyrip wirth just brad and me