Thursday, July 30, 2009

A Trip to Utah

I'm so far behind in the blogging world, its getting a little ridiculous. BUT I refuse to give up trying. :) Last month we were able to go to Utah for a couple weeks and spend time with some family and old friends. We always really LOVE Utah in the summer. My brother Steve and his little family were there from California at the same time which made it EVEN BETTER. Beware....there are lots of pictures...but its really the best way to recap the trip.

We were able to go boating out on the beautiful Utah Lake with my sister Lindsey and our friends Eric and Amber and their family. It was TONS of fun! I gave it my best shot at my first time wake boarding and I'll admit I was pretty bad at it. But it was fun nonetheless. Even Mckenzie had a good time and jumped in the water as often as we would let her...which was great because then she was all tuckered out for the last half of the day.



We really did see TONS of old friends, and some family and cousins we don't get to see nearly enough. However I regret to say, I was a horrible picture taker on this trip and only got a few pics..but here they are.

Our friends Dallas and Abi and their BRAND NEW baby Miley. Doesn't Abi look AMAZING for having that baby just 5 days earlier?!


Kenz with her cousin Jesse. Two CUTE kids!

Grandma and Grandpa Schaack and Mckenzie

The 3 grand-daughters. There was lots of backyard fun at Grandma and Grandpa Schaacks! AND its always a treat to have Grandma Cook around!


More water fun! Kenzie LOVED this slide at the pool! She really probably went on it a good 50 times in a row! We couldn't pull her away.



We made the trip down to Bridal Veil Falls which was fun! Sad to say, but I don't I had ever actually been there. I have driven by countless time, but never as a destination. The only downer was I came totally unprepared without water shoes for Kenz. It was a little frustrating but as you can see...it didn't stop her from getting her feet wet. Thanks to her Aunt Alli, Lindsey, and grandma!

And Mckenz got her first ride on a 4 wheeler just before the long drive back to Texas.. Thanks to Braxton and Kambree for sharing! I am SO BUMMED we didn't get pictures with these friends. Thanks again Sara and Tara for putting us up....it was SOO fun to see and catch up with both of you and your cute families again!

5 comments:

Keri and Derek said...

How fun! We are head to Utah next week, to bad I missed you. You look so good for just having a baby. Your family is beautiful.

Justin and Melissa said...

What a fun trip, I wish I was headed out to Utah soon. The 4th looked like a fun time as well. Don't feel bad, I have never actually been to Bridal Veil Falls either and I too love parades and have drug my family farther than needed to see one as well.

Tara said...

I was thinking the same thing--I can't believe we didn't take a picture! Looks like you got to do a million fun things in Utah!

Paul or Lindsay said...

Oh Rats! (Sabrina's favorite saying) We missed you. I need to see that baby, so the next time you're in Utah, we need to do something. Also, have I ever told you that I just love your mom! The pics just reminded me.

Eric and Amber said...

It was fun to see you guys. We'll go again next time you guys come in the summer. I finally did try wakeboarding and I am pretty much the worst wakeboarder ever!